Tips On Working With Your Insurance Company
RGP has been working with Insurance companies for over two decades, and we even have an Insurance Adjuster on staff. We know what they need to process a claim most efficiently and properly. We are there for you as your advocate to make sure that you get what you should from your insurance claim to make sure that your home is whole and complete after a claim has been filed and the work has been done.
Here are a few tips for you to follow when working with your Insurance Company:
- Contact RGP to schedule a free on-site inspection to determine if damage was incurred.
- If damage has been verified, you should contact your agent to request an inspection.
- Your agent can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.
- Your insurance company will usually require receipts for any emergency repairs you have done in order to reimburse you correctly.
- We suggest that you take pictures of the damage prior to any repairs.
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- Once the inspection is complete, you will receive a claim sheet outlining the scope of damage and the funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.
- Pitts Roofing offers free insurance claims assistance.
The Insurance Claims Process
- After damage has been verified, contact your agent.
- You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or mail.
- An adjuster will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
- The claims adjuster should provide you with an itemized explanation on your claim settlement including your deductible amount and depreciation.
- Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs are actually completed. In these cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.
NOTE: All carriers have their own method of processing claims. This is just a general guideline. Contact RGP at 405.701.0064 and we will help you through the insurance claims process and make sure you get everything that you have coming to you from your insurance policy.